- The business was founded in 1938 as a Deutsch Company (Deutsch Metal Components) and was part of the Deutsch Company.
- Permaswage, SA (PSA) was founded to support European markets in 1974.
- In 2001, Permaswage exited the standard fitting market.
- In 2005, both businesses were acquired by Stirling Square Capital Partners who formed Global Design Technologies joining a renamed Designed Metal Connections (USA) and Permaswage SA (France).
- In 2007, the business was acquired by the current owner Bridgepoint Capital.
- In 2010, Permaswage re-entered the standard fitting market.
- In 2010, Permaswage Suzhou was founded to support the Asian markets and provide a low cost manufacturing base.
- In 2010, DMC & Permaswage consolidated the two brand identities under PERMASWAGE to establish a presence as one business with three sites.
- On December 10, 2010, Permaswage acquired the assets of HK Fittings to increase its presence in the separable (AN/MS) fittings marketplace.
- On October 14, 2011, Permaswage acquired Nelson Aerospace from B/E Aerospace to increase its market share in the standard fittings industry.